– Encounters with wolves are rare;
– Wolves are shy animals that avoid people;
– You can meet them mostly in their hunting areas, like in the forest;
– Wolves are mostly active at dawn and dusk.
If wolves caused you damage:
– You can find out about the procedure necessary to receive the damage payment in Slovenia;
– You can get familiar with the large carnivore protection information.
If you meet a wolf, please inform the Slovenia Forest Service about the encounter. You can write us at this email address email@example.com
– You can largely avoid meeting a wolf;
– Most encounters happen when you surprise an animal;
– If you want to avoid encountering a wolf, you must alert it about your presence in the area;
– Alerts can be done with various sounds, like occasional whistling, singing, talking, or making noise with a branch.
If you encounter a wolf, you need to:
– Stay calm;
– Alert the wolf about your presence, like talking calmly;
– Move away slowly, if possible, in the direction of your arrival;
– When retreating, do not run;
– Give the wolf enough space to proceed with its intended course.
V skupnem interesu je, da velike zveri ohranijo naravno vedenje – ostanejo divje in plašne ter da se človeka še naprej izogibajo.